Laying the Foundation
6th Class to 3rd Year.
A 4-year programme (6th class to 3rd year) providing students with various group supports, interventions, activities & workshops throughout the academic year. It is broken in to three phases:
- Mentoring/guidance/ 3rd level role models (6th class)
- Transition programme (6th class to 1st year)
- Academic & personal development, Junior Cert support (2nd & 3rd year).
- Support: The Nurture Programme includes visits to colleges, local businesses, access to study clubs, extra tuition, and workshops.
- Mentoring: Students provide positive peer support to each other and mentoring & role modeling is provided by college students and Engage alumni.
Parent Support: Parents are provided with information in relation to the education system, adult education, and personal development.
- Nurture puts a keen focus on 6th class students as they transition into secondary school.